A slice of life on 10 acres in the woods. Thoughts on raising 4 sons, guiding 4 grandsons, keeping up a 35 year marriage, maintaining friendships, finding memories, and trying to follow God on the journey.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

In no hurry at all, I pushed my cart down the wide aisle of T@rget heading toward the registers.  I glanced down each row as I passed, just checking out the items to see if there was anything else I'd missed.  

That's when I noticed this.  A dark-haired child with her back to me, maybe 3 years old, sitting in a cart.  A man gently sliding a small barrette into her hair.  She had leaned toward him a bit so that her hair hung perfectly straight, her face tilted up.

I know.  I only was walking by, maybe four steps was the scene in my view.  It doesn't seem like anything of note does it?  But, oh, the tenderness with which the man did this small task.  The way she seemed so accustomed to the act.  The palpable love shared between them... well, it moved me.

I feel so blessed to have witnessed it.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

sometimes the stolen moments that make my day.