A slice of life on 10 acres in the woods. Thoughts on raising 4 sons, guiding 4 grandsons, keeping up a 35 year marriage, maintaining friendships, finding memories, and trying to follow God on the journey.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Beau left for Camp Galilee this morning. He only got back from the Sonshine Festival yesterday and he was so wiped out the I hardly even got to talk with him about his 4 day trip to the Minnesota Christian Rock Festival. I did learn that temperatures were in the mid 90°s the whole time they were there...not good camping weather. He is recovering from Mono and supposed to be getting losts of rest but he is 15! He has no time to rest! He did take a nap everyday and slept late (hit the sack late, too, I'm sure).

The bus had a flat tire an hour from home. Fortunately they were near a town and, after 3 tries, found a place that had the right kind of tire and could put it on the bus. Everyone except Beau got off the bus when they came to repair it, except Beau. While the other kids went to McD's, he slept on the floor of the bus for the hour and half they were delayed. He did not even find out that it had happened until they reached they got back someone finally awakend him!

Now he is off to church camp for another week. I have missed him. He is my "Baby", the youngest of my 4 sons. He is a true Free Spirit and I have an idea that we are really in for it with his high school years. When he was 2 or 3 years old I told him he was getting so grown up! I commenting that I would judt have to stop calling him my baby. He looked right in my eyes and told me very matter of factly, "I'll always be your baby...even when I'm a grown up Cowboy." Yes, he does understand his place in the family and he relishes it.

No comments: