A slice of life on 10 acres in the woods. Thoughts on raising 4 sons, guiding 4 grandsons, keeping up a 35 year marriage, maintaining friendships, finding memories, and trying to follow God on the journey.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Christmas tree had been up a week and I still had not decorated it. No one wants to help with it anymore and it has become a chore rather than a joy. I kind of enjoyed seeing it au naturale and threatened to leave it that way since no one wanted to help decorate it. Sunday I asked a couple of high school girls if they wanted to come over and help decorate the tree and they were all excited to do it. I remember when the boys were little and they felt that way about it, too. They have apparently outgrown that thrill.

Tuesday Brook and Danielle came over and untangled light and strung them and wrapped cranberry and bead garlands and unwrapped ornaments and placed them perfectly on our tree. Brook said her mom was so picky about where and how everything went on. I was easy-going about it, I honestly didn't care what they did with it. I got out the Santa hats and they delighted in wearing them as we worked. We had a great time and had hot cocoa after. I was so grateful! It has been such a no-fun job for the last several years. Now I am reminded of how fun it can be if you have the right frame of mind. Isn't it that way with just about everything?

No comments: