A slice of life on 10 acres in the woods. Thoughts on raising 4 sons, guiding 4 grandsons, keeping up a 35 year marriage, maintaining friendships, finding memories, and trying to follow God on the journey.

Monday, December 26, 2005

One by one the boys came home for Christmas holiday and once again the house was full of testosterone and FUN! I am not sure how I got so lucky that our kids don't seem to have the sibling rivalry that Angus and I endured as children. It isn't as if they agree on everything but they just seem to respect that they are each different and have different needs. They always have. We are fortunate in that way.

Anyway, having the brothers home has caused me to miss Jörgy very much. I hadn't really missed him too much until recently but with all of the holiday activities I keep wishing he were here to share in the joy of it all. He called on Christmas Eve all the way from his home in Germany! It was great to talk to him. He hates talking on the phone so it was a real sacrifice for him to call and be put through talking to all of us plus Brady's Bella, who was here at time, too. His English was very good and we had no trouble understanding him, which is his greatest concern and the reason he avoids the phone. It made me have that old happy/sad feeling to talk with him. I told him that I missed him and meant it. My boys are not all home without their German brother.

No comments: